The mission of the James Herbert White Library is to enhance access and maintain a quality print and non-print collection that supports the university's mission of research, teaching and learning and service through the development of collections, access of services effective delivery of service. The library has as its goals the following:
- To collect and provide access to research materials
- To provide instruction in the use of the Library collection and resources through innovative user access education
- To provide optimal delivery of service
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- 213,860 Volumes ( 118,496 print book titles, approximately)
- 295 print periodicals
- 2,200 full text electronic periodicals
- 23 daily print newspapers
- 3,473 video titles
- 57,000 electronic book titles
MAGNOLIA which includes EBSCOhost, FirstSearch, and Mississippi Academic Library Consortium. Other online databases include ACM Digital Collection, National Library of Medicine, Proquest Dissertations and Abstracts, Credo Reference, LexisUni, Ebsco Ebooks, Journal Storage (JSTOR) and MVSU's online public access card catalog "HERBIE". All of these databases are accessible to students enrolled at Mississippi Valley State University's main campus and remotely by logging on to //www.africabusinessnet.com/library. Students at the Greenville Center, Coahoma, and Holmes campuses should contact either the Reference or Circulation Desk (662-254-3496 or 662-254-3500) at MVSU's main campus to borrow books or media resources."
MAGNOLIA, OCLC, Lyrasis, HBCU Library Alliance, MLA, Dancing Rabbit and ALA.
User Access Education Program and Interlibrary loan (ILLiad)
Policies and Procedures:
- Library Policies and Procedures Handbook
- Collection Development Policy
- Library Instruction Plan
- Library Liaisons
- Library Strategic Plan 2017 - 2023