Student Counseling Center - Mission
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
How do I know if I need Counseling?
Everyone needs someone to talk with at times. Counseling is a growth process through which students are helped to define goals, make decisions, and solve problems related to personal, social, academic, and career concerns. The counseling staff’s primary goal is to alleviate distress and promote healthy functioning by providing short-term counseling services designed to help students resolve personal and educational concerns which may include:
- Adjusting to a new environment
- Relationships with family, friends, romantic partner, or roommate
- Feeling stressed or anxious
- Anger and interpersonal conflicts
- Depression, loneliness, shyness
- Grief and loss
- Self-esteem and self-confidence
- Sexual issues
- Sexual orientation
- Alcohol and drug related problems
- Personal crises
- Difficulties with study skills
- Time Management
- Choices about majors and careers
- Communication with instructors
Elgibilty / Cost
The Student Counseling Center provides services FREE OF CHARGE to all students enrolled at MVSU.
The Student Counseling Center is located in the Student Health Center.
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
After Hours / Emergencies
Contact the MVSU Police Department at 662-254-2700